Grief Knitting.

 Back in January my mom died.  And it hit me way harder than I thought it would.  But I was sad. And so I ordered yarn. And with reckless abandon, I cast on to a new sweater.

 

The unfortunate side of knitting and crafting that no one tells you about is when you craft through your grief, it sticks to the project.

 

It was a good project for me though.  Lots of interesting stitching, a good easily modifiable pattern, and a beautiful wooly yarn that I'm in love with.

 

 

I finished it the day before Valentine's day, so I thought of it as my Valentine's sweater (as if there is such a thing).

 

 

But it'll always make me think of the happy times I had with my mother, and the difficult times later on, and the grief.

 

 

But that's OK. Grief is important.

I promise next post won't be a huge bummer, guys. How about I talk about the shawls I've knit this year!? yes, yes.  Sounds good, see you then!

Pattern: Poet by Sari Nordlund

Modifications: I lengthened the raglan depth and made the sleeves one size bigger. I also made them full length rather than half.

Yarn: The Fibre Co- Cumbria Fingering in the Cowberry colorway




Comments