Hexies Are a Way of Life.

 I'm about to talk about some highly addictive crafting stuff.  brace yourselves.

 

Hexies.

 




Small, paper pieced hexies. Perfectly seamed, perfectly placed.

 

 And what are they for? exactly?

 

Who knows?  They just multiply and multiply and multiply. Like tribbles.

 


I'm only kidding, really, I am securely in the product mode for hexies.  See, there's a dichotomy that exists in the crafting world: product or process? Are you one to make things to have the thing, or are you one to make things cause you just enjoy making the thing.  I fall, like most of us I imagine, right between.  It depends.  I honestly couldn't tell you day to day.  Sometimes I really motivated to finish something because I look forward to the item.  Other times, I know that there's miles to go before I sleep, so I enjoy each stitch.

I decided when I first started paper piecing a few years ago that I wasn't going to let it get out of control, so I chose small projects like project bags.  It's worked well for me.

Sometime early this year, in the before, I picked out a 5" charm pack from a random fabric store.  (Charm packs are a bit like skeins of sock yarn, you are implored to buy one as a souvenir, right?) and it got put away, but recently I was inspired to make a bag, and put some embroidery on.  And so I did.




And I enjoyed it So much, that I did it again. Different charm pack, different embroidery.  Stunning results (if I do say so myself):




And now I don't have any hexie projects going, but the wheels turn and I'll get inspired again, soon.  It's such a cute, all in one craft.  I haven't done much embroidery at all before this. At my heart I'm a perfectionist, and embroidery scratches an itch I never thought I'd have.  To just, let things be.

That's enough about that, although if you have any questions about any of the hexies, the tools and patterns I used, please don't hesitate to ask!

The embroidery patterns were purchased on etsy, the drawstring bags were a free pattern.

Tune in next time when I'll talk about a crafter gone rogue! Discover what happens to a crafter's mojo in extended lock down!

Thanks for reading!

Comments