It's a Christmas Miracle!

I am sure I have a very low bar set for miracles, but I checked the tracking on that cross-stitch fabric I ordered a few weeks ago today and it said it had been delivered!  It had been stuck in pre-shipment for days and as far as I knew never was received by the post office.  But lo and behold, my Aida was here in the mailbox in time for Christmas!


And I proceeded to spend the rest of the afternoon stitching.  Woohoo!

It wasn't a Christmas gift or anything, I'm just supremely impatient! XD

I'll keep you  apprised of the stitching process.  It's another long haul, but at least it's not linen.

--

In other news, I've been gift knitting these days.  Oh, not for Christmas, the time for that is long past.  I have a sweater going for Zac that I started back in the summer.  I thought I'd get a handle on it and have it done for him this year.


I daresay it's not going to happen. 
 
On the other hand, that's 9 whole inches of the back of a sweater.  And most of it actually knit in the last week or so.  Definitely will require a good blocking at the end of it.
 
The yarn here is Berroco vintage, the pattern is the Hey Handsome Cardigan by Nicole Winer

And lastly, I've been working on some secret man-socks.  
 

 



the self-striping yarn is felici, the heel is a red that a friend of mine dyed up.  I'm doing a plain vanilla sock with an eye of partridge heel, which are my favorite.  The recipient is a surprise!  I hope they fit.  They are rather large, and it's always troublesome trying to knit for feet you can't measure.

I don't have any finished objects since last time, still plugging away on my double-knit alice scarf.  I have some plans for modifying it for length, but that will have to be another post.

I hope your holiday season brings joy and light, and I hope you all stay safe and warm.

Comments