photo-less post

 I am deep in the middle of getting my house ready for moving/selling so taking pictures of things is not a priority.  Cross-country moving will do a number on your priorities.  Now, I do have at least 6 weeks to go before big moving day, so I'm not rushing by any means, but things are off the walls, and things are piled around because the surface under them was taken to dump/ to the curb.

Husband will begin his journey west in the next week, so I was in a major hurry to get things gone that I would have trouble dealing with alone.

There is just very little opportunity for good picture taking.  And Zac and I have been so busy when he's off work that there is no time to take good pictures of finished things. But despite all this work I've been doing in the past two weeks, has the knitting slowed?  no, no it has not.

So, in actual knitting content, I did indeed finish the Felix pullover!

I've worn it a few times since I blocked it and the fit is exactly what I was hoping for.  Despite having a fiber content that is mostly alpaca, the sweater hasn't really drooped or sagged or been annoying to wear.  It isn't even too warm for me, which was another concern.  I was wearing it under a store-bought sweater just yesterday.  We keep the house real cold though, so YMMV.  This gives me hope that I will have ample opportunity to wear it in California.  (we're not moving to the desert, just so ya know).

 And like a few posts ago, you know what finishing a sweater means.  Time to start a new one.

 Well, here is where things get tricky.  I have a finished sweater that I was not proud of from last year.  The fit was not good, and I didn't like it.  I didn't like it so much I didn't even get a finished object picture in front of the bathroom mirror (I did get one of the Felix pullover, but I'll spare you!).  I decided the best course of action would be to completely frog it (rip it rip it rip it) and pick a different pattern.

 I did this, I went with the Derwent pullover, which is cabled and lovely and has a nice split hem detail.  I even did a gauge swatch, in the round even! (go me!)  And I got past the split hem and joined in the round to begin the cabling detail.  And that's when I noticed things going completely haywire.  My 32" cable should have been AMPLE space to accommodate the circumference of the sweater, but it was.. not.  And then I measured my current gauge.  And it wasn't anywhere close to the gauge from my swatch.

Into time-out Derwent. And this was before I could nab a picture, so it's more like Dergone.

I'm thinking about repurposing the yarn yet again for a sweater for Hazel.  The yarn is actually soft enough that I think she might actually wear and enjoy it.  But... Not now.

Now is the time for happy sweater projects that bring me joy.  My life is about to get completely upended, there is no room for bad mojo.

Two days ago, I casted on my Christmas sweater yarn! (doesn't everyone get sweater yarn for Christmas?)  I'm actually revisiting a sweater I did in 2016 that I wear the heck out of.  It's the Nightscape pullover by Joji Locatelli.  I forewent the pleasure of a gauge swatch.  I'm going back on instinct. haha.  So far, so good.  This one is a set-in sleeve construction knit from the top down.  It's joined in the round under the armpit, and so far I've knit the back part to the armpit. Today I'll start the front portion, and eventually I'll be on body island.

In other knitting news, my Alice scarf has gotten little love in the last few weeks.  I was keeping it up when I had a schedule, and now that I don't have one anymore, I haven't been making time to work on it.

 I'm not sure I talked about the gift socks I started recently, but I talked to the recipient and she needs a slightly larger size, so I have frogged them and haven't restarted since then.

My own socks that I simply had to cast on immediately have gotten little love recently.  I've noticed that January seems to be a big sweater knitting time in my life.  Socks are for the summer.  Who am I kidding?  Socks are for any old time, but during stressful times of upheaval, I just want comfort.  Right now comfort knitting is sweater knitting.

 I hope you find comfort and warmth during the coldest and darkest time of the year.

Cheers.

Comments