Tripping Over my Feet

 I was really hoping that next time I posted it would be another glorious post full of finishes.  But alas and alack. 

As of Wednesday, I was about here on my raglan decreases:


And I was looking at it last evening and knitting along when I got to thinking how very too long it was seeming.  I did do a lot of planning before venturing out on this third attempt at this sweater, taking into account row gauge and desired yoke depth.  I thought I was smart.

Yeah, no.  My row gauge was about 2 stitches less than I expected.  And as a result, the yoke was indeed going to end up entirely too long. boy.

So, today I will finish frogging (colorwork is very time consuming to frog) and get everything back on the needles.  I am not looking forward to having to do those initial rows of the yoke decreases again, but at the very least it will go faster to knit the thing.

--

And I'd be a bit remiss if I didn't mention my new sock cast on for January!


These are handspun socks!  I spun this yarn as a cable-ply during the Tour de Fleece in 2019.  For the uninitiated, the Tour de Fleece is a riotously fun spin-a-long that happens concurrently with the Tour de France every summer. The fiber is a braid of 100% Targhee from Mad Color Fiber that I bought at the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Festival earlier that year.  Cable-ply is a neat way to spin up a 4-ply yarn when you only have 4 bobbins.  You essentially ply 2 2-plies together.  It makes for a very strong yarn. 

In this case, the yarn I ended up with was just slightly too thin for socks, unless I wanted to go down a needle size or two and add many more stitches. So, I made an executive decision to hold the yarn double and deem them bed socks. And it's working out nicely as about a DK weight yarn.  I'm knitting the socks on size U.S. 3, with 48 stitches.  These are zooming!

In other news, Zac's cabled sweater is hibernating with the rest of my other crafts, but the Alice scarf is getting a bit of love every single day. 

Tune in next time for the exciting conclusion of the Cursed Sweater, gosh, I hope so anyway.

 Wish me luck!

Comments