New Socks. Two socks. Whose socks? My socks.

 I finished my third pair of socks for the year!



The lighting is a bit off, and they're a smidge stretched out cause I had just been wearing them in the evening after I finished them. Didn't you know the rule?  Once you finish a pair of socks, you're obligated to remove the pair you have on and wear the new ones.  Hey, I didn't make up the rules!

I pretty much immediately casted on new socks.  Vanilla again.  The usual.

 

The color here is completely blown out, by the way.  The yarn is not that bright.  It's actually a subdued lavender and gray blue thing.  No electric blue to speak of.  The light was just a little too ambitious.  haha.

I started these during a movie session the other night.  On my couch.  Because I have a couch again!  And table!  And beds!  It's very exciting to see your stuff again after so long without.

The yarn for the socks is from Webs.  I bought it using a gift card from my brother over Christmas.

Isn't he the best?  yes.  Yes he is.

Although my other brother is definitely not out of the running.  He sent me a floof of fiber in exchange for making him that dragon cowl, and it is the most beautiful floof.  It's a gradient going from fiery red to orange to yellow and then to gray.  gorgeous.  I'm excited to have my wheel again, because I'm definitely going to want to spin it soon.

 In daytime knitting news, now that I'm done unpacking and getting all the bureaucracy that comes with moving states out of the way, I have time to knit on fun things!

 


I'm back in the right headspace for shawl knitting!  I'm about to start the third and final garter section (the dark purple are the garter sections) after that is the final lace in the light purple and then I'm done.

The thing about shawls shaped like this though, is there comes a time when there's a babillion stitches on the needles.  It can get rather time consuming.

I am here for it, and it's been rather cold too, so there's still time to enjoy woolies!

That's honestly all there's left to talk about craft-wise.  I'm staying rather monogamous in my crafting.  I'll probably break out my wheel and give it a turn soon, but for now I'm enjoying the shawl knitting and sock knitting immensely.

I did have a birthday last week and ordered for myself a bag from my very favorite knitting podcast, The Fat Squirrel Speaks.  The bag actually matches my shawl, but it wasn't on purpose.  It calls to mind the gorgeous meadows and trees that surround me here in northernish California.  It's sort of a nice souvenir to the whole crossing country event.  I'm telling you, it's so gorgeous here, I've never lived anywhere more beautiful.


Happy Birthday to me! :D

Cheers!

The finished socks are my usual 64 stitch vanilla socks out of Hedgehog Fibers Twist Sock in the Ozone colorway.

The shawl pattern is Green Pastures by Melinda Measor, the yarns are both Ontheround plush singles in the Purple Haze and Pressed Petal colorways.

The WIP socks are my usual 64 stitch vanilla socks out of Cloudborn Fibers, merino superwash sock twist in the Slightly Serious colorway.

Comments