And I'm off

 Once again I've fallen a bit out of this habit.  It's hard when it feels like I don't have an enormous amount to share.  I spent about a week doing almost nothing but play the sims.  I went and downloaded sims 3, just the basic game, no expansion packs.  And I had so much fun playing dollhouse.

I made a sim me and a sim Zac and we had some sim kids.  And I accidentally played on stupid easy mode because I got both Sim Zac and Sim Jessica to the top of two career tracks, as well as raising three children to adulthood. and neither of them are very close at all to aging out of adulthood into "elderly" so that's fun.

And there's that thing about sims 3 where you have the neighborhood, but if you go and play different houses, the timeline continues, so it's... different from sims 1 and sims 2.  There's a lot more interesting ways the game keeps you wanting to play, but there's not a lot of ways to keep your family going.  In the older versions, I'd create people for the children to marry and keep things going, but you can't really do that and still maintain control of the first family like you could in the first few games.  I think I'm done playing for now though because my main family has like.. tens of thousands of dollars and literally nothing to spend it on that won't just generate MOAR money.. and I'm like.. they have enough.

Look at me, I'm rambling again.

I have made some progress on my cross stitch, I promise.

Last i left you, I forgot the names of the weird blue guy and the pink guy in the middle of the page I was on (8 I think), well I finished that page, and I'm ashamed to say that I don't remember the names of those pokemon.


I know that there's Q-bone next to the egg guy.  And next to that is... someone. 

I know he's not a fox or anything, but he sort of looks like a fox.  That's not helpful.


I know the guy in the corner is hitmochan or something like that.  And look at that, 8 pages are done!

I think I've dropped the ball and I'm kinda done memorizing.  151 pokemon is a lot.  I have a lot of other important things I need to retain in my brain, I would hate to think of the very important things that my brain threw out in order to keep omanite and omastar separate.  know what I mean?

Page 9 started out simple enough.  I do know that this one's name is Jinx, but to me he kind of just looks like one of those fish characters from spongebob.

After this, I got a scroll frame in the mail, and I set it up and worked on it a little bit in between sims.

And then I put it back in the q-snap because it's not as comfortable to stitch at the desk.  But stitch I continued:
There's... someone.  dinosaur looking thing.  When Hazel tells me the names I'm always like.. OH YEAH.  I knew that. But I don't.  I don't know any of these.

Or these ones.  Although I know the blue nose sticking into the frame is horsey and he's a seahorse.

Whatever, I'm having fun!

I wanted to talk to you all about the great spinning event coming up in just a few days!  It's Tour de Fleece! TDF happens every year during the tour de france.  We spin every day the athletes bike.  It's a fun way to get back into the habit of spinning every day.  Some people make goals of spinning a certain amount, and some people spin a whole lot day 1 and then drop off.  I.. usually fall somewhere in between.  Last year I was the second one.  I had a lot on my mind.  The year before, the first year I participated, I spun SO much that it was incredible.

This year I plan to spin 30 minutes every day on my wheel.  I'm playing for two teams but mostly glory.

I will let you know.  I won't make any promises about interesting spinning pictures, usually you'll just get some kind of color progression as the bobbin fills up, but that's how it goes sometimes.

That's about it. I have been working pretty regularly on my sweater knitting, but I'm not done the body yet and it's difficult to get a flattering picture of it as it is.  I'll get one when I start sleeve number 1, eventually.

Comments

  1. Yay, Tour de Fleece! I'm hoping to do it this year too. I haven't spun in months so I am looking forward to spinning every day! 30 minutes is a good goal so maybe I'll try that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool! I hope you share, I always love to see what people are spinning!

      Delete

Post a Comment