a week and a half in pictures

 Well hello there!

Life is moving along, and I'm going through pokemon pages like crazy these days.



Last I left, I was working on that stone snake... thing.  And then I worked on the yellow guy.  I'm imaginging he's saying "what are you talking about?" ala Bobby Hill.

The seal here looks like a ghost, or did, until I added some key details:

How cute is he?  And the purple mucky guy is cute too!  These monsters are adorable!
And here's the end of page 13!


Page 14 started off well enough:




Slowbro joined the clam dude and the rest of that mucky dood's face.  There's also a little mini camera looking eyeball at the bottom.  Let me know if my lack of poke-lore is getting exhausting or if it's as funny as I think it is.

Page 15 started at a great clip.  (GET IT? CLIP!  CAUSE OF THE CRABS!)





And there's the edge of the cross stitch, the edge of the frame, and the end of the first half of stitching!


I wasn't actually a big fan of this last page.  The smaller crabs claw is sitting in front of his larger cousin's mouth and making it look like a beak.  also, it's really hard to see, but that camera looking eyeball guy has magnets for arms, and they completely blend in to the clam shell looking lady.  It's just poor design, at least they could have used a more contrasting color.

Anyway, I am carrying on with the project, currently I'm in the middle of page 16:



The monsters at the top here were giving me an enormous amount of trouble.  There was something about the color of the symbols or perhaps a trick of the eye, but there was a symbol that I couldn't see in the sea of the other symbols, and there was a lot of "oh, gosh, I missed that square.  and that one, and the other one" happening, which really slowed me down.  I've been getting into the habit of finishing a color before moving on to another color, maybe limited by area, I don't like to go too far away from established stitches, but it makes it difficult to move on when I'm having to revisit with a stitch or two of missed ones.

But for now I'm past that.

I've also been spinning a little bit every day with my new spindle while I wait for the kids.

Oh, you heard that right!  I got a new spindle a week and a half ago!

It's a turkish style spindle from Snyder spindles, on etsy:



The floof is a sample batt from Fiber Cave Yarns, also on etsy.  (she's actually a friend of mine, so go look at her stuff if you want, she's awesome!)

It's not the easiest batt to spin, I'm not used to spinning different types of fiber in the same floof, and I'm also not used to this fiber prep, but I don't mind the challenge and I'm enjoying passing the time spindling in front of people.

Oh the looks I get from muggles when spindling!  It's super fun.

Honestly that's about it.  I have barely done any knitting in the last week and a half.  I did finish a sock, but it's all the way over there and have had very minimal progress on the second one.

Hope to see you soon with more pokemon!


Comments