Knitting while I watch the world burn

 Hey there blog,

I keep thinking there's gonna be a good time to blog, or I'll feel it.  I think I have the summer blues?  or maybe it's just the political climate and loss of pocket friend just completely sucking the joy out of my life right now.

I don't actually have an enormous amount lot to talk about or share.  surprise surprise.  But, there is some, so I'll get on it.

I finished my Hawaii socks:


Not a lot to share about it. This is the typical 64 stitch, eye of partridge heel.  The difference is, I suppose in the way the yarn was dyed and sent to me.  It's dyed and wound so that you have two perfectly matching socks at the end of it.  It's a feature of Must Stash yarns, and I can't recommend them enough if you wanted to treat yourself.  I think that I'm going to make a pair of shorties with the remaining yarn, probably give them to my MIL.

Somewhere in there I casted on the hat that I spun that yarn for and finished it:


This was a simple, straight-forward knit.  I casted on 120 stitches, did 2x2 rib for about double the length that I wanted the brim to be, so it would fold over itself and be twice as warm.  The colors are actually mirrored under there:


Which is a nifty trick that sort of just happened that way.  After the brim, the colors did more of a color gradient thing, and that's just the way the yarn was.  I didn't do anything to control it or make it one way or another.  I like happy accidents like that.

And after I finished that hat, I'm left with one knitting WIP.  ONE.  It's crazy.  and the crazier part is I have no intention of casting anything else on.


Here it is, the one WIP to rule them all.  It's the return of my half-brioche sweater.  Apparently the age of brioche is upon us once more.

I have about 16 inches of this body to go, straight down.  No shaping or any changes.  Every 8 rounds there's a cable cross, which keeps it interesting.  I Might cast on a small thing for the car, just because this is DK and it has been getting up there in temperature the last few weeks.  But, for now, it's this.  And that's OK.

I didn't make very much progress on the cross stitch, so I won't share it, cause it's boring. XD  I have been playing FFIX again.  This is the third time? in just a few weeks.  I am enjoying it.  It's pleasant, to play through and everything is the same.  I just need that these days.

I hope that you are well, and I hope to see you in brighter spirits next time.

Now that I say it out loud, next time will be in time for the tour de fleece! I'll be spinning some Targhee I started Last year, and hopefully moving on to some scrumptious Finn I have in my stash.

Cheers!

Comments