The Coldest Month

Hey there folks!

What have I been up to, craftwise?  Well, honestly, not a whole lot.

A few days after getting back into spinning that old shiny from Christmas, I stopped spinning altogether and now my wheel is sitting near the desk upstairs mocking me for taking it upstairs.  :sigh:

Instead I've fallen back into cross stitch.  You see, I'm getting there with the FFIX cross stitch, I'm right about halfway through with Quina.  So, I had to work on them.




This is several days of progress.  Quina is a large person, as you can see.  In the game they're a blue mage, so they learn abilities through eating.  And sometimes anime is as subtle as one of Quina's weapons (they fight with large sporks).  Anyway, the large swath of Quina's robe is why I put down the cross stitch in the first place.  But I'll never get through it if I don't work on it.

Anyway, I'm also to the toe on the socks that I always have going:

This was when I was to the heel of the socks I always have going.  You can see the bag that my friend Amara sent me last month. ^^ It's got llamas on. 

That is all the crafting I have to share.  It's pathetic.  BUT I'm on my 9th book of the year.  I just finished Mistborn by Brand(ers)on Sanderson.  It is the first of a trilogy and now I'm on the second one.  It is so good, it's almost painful.  A+

The last series I finished was the KF Breene four-book series.  The first few were good, but the last one dragged a bit and I felt... a little let down by the story telling by the end.  I wanted more angst, and instead there was a lot of introduction to problem, then almost immediate solution to problem.  I think the author was afraid to have anyone she liked die in the book.  Which, fair, there were some fun characters.  The erotic aspect was pretty good, but I was distracted by some the words that the main dude character used with Finley.  He often called her "baby girl" and "little dragon" and... mmm... it made me uncomfortable. B-

Still miles ahead of Sword of Truth, lol.

Not an enormous amount of house stuff to share this time either, though Zac made a garbage drawer for where the dishwasher used to be and it's nice, having the garbage in its own little nook.

Next weekend we're planning on painting Hazel's room.  That'll be fun.

In crafting future plans, I still want to get back on spinning.  We have some fun travel plans this summer and I am hoping that I can get finished spinning the polwarth so I have a nice project to knit on on vacation.  I debated for a few hours a few days ago casting on to a new laceweight something, but in the end opted to finish some of the other things I have going.

I have plans to cross stitch something for the kitchen, too.  A sign that says "nice hot vegetables" inspired by Steve Martin's sign from Only Murders in the Building. ^^

Cheers!

Comments