Feeling back to normal

 It's been a few weeks.

My LASIK surgery was a success! I can see! :O  Now what I got is actually called mono vision, which is a neat trick where they make one eye especially good at far and the other especially good at near.  And amazingly, both are fairly good at both now.  Incredible.  I haven't been able to read without the aid of glasses in.. decades.  If ever.  far sighted, yo.  I got some cute sunglasses for wearing out of doors, and it's been good.

I've been dealing with a little bit of dry eyes though, which does affect my far sightedness out of doors, but I've been using eye drops.  It's steadily improving.  It was absolutely worth it.  If you're on the fence, don't be, do the thing!

Now the things you're here for.  Crafting!

I don't even really remember where I left off last time.  I know there was a chocobo happening and some socks.  Spinning and cross stitch.  I kind of did a little bit of all of those things over the last few weeks.

My chocobo is done.  It's officially usurped the title of "cutest thing I've ever made" from the tonberry.  And good for her.  Then I started another  chocobo (the plan is to do one in yellow, red, light blue and dark blue)

I don't have an enormous amount to say about this pattern.  It's good.  The item I made resembles the item in the pattern picture (though I know my gauge is different, so mine is smaller, but that's fine and I can't complain since I was the one who used fingering instead of sport yarn).  Unlike some crochet amigurumi patterns, the instructions were clear.  Lots of piecing, but it isn't bad, honestly.

In sock talk, there continues to be a constant stream of socks that fall off my needles.  I finished a pair and started a pair:

This was a result of some experimentation in size.  I would say it worked well.  This is 68 stitches on 00 needles.  The heel flap is eye of partridge, but 2.5" instead of a row count.  Well, it's about 40 rows, but I'm not going by row count as a rule anymore.

This is Lana Grossa yarn.  I got it from my LYS a few months ago.  It's nice yarn, and a fun gradient.  This is the same pattern as the last one.  The second pair should be identical, though, which is neat.  They package the yarn in two 50 gram skeins that are identical, so you end up with matchy matchy socks.   I appreciate that.

I don't have a picture of pokemon cross stitching, but I'm still on page 3.  There's a lot of the brick work on the pages around the edge, and it's one of those things where I really should just power through it so I can get to the fun stitching, but I just end up loathing what I'm doing and moving on to fun things instead.  Very unprofessional of me.  XD

I did get a moment of inspiration the other day while we were out and about near the Joann though.  I have a friend who made me a project bag last year (I believe it's been featured in more than a few WIP pictures here, it's the unicorn bag) and I've been using it to hold my socks since I got it.  Well, I decided, it's time to do another hexie bag and make it for her.  :nods:

So I got some fun space witch themed fabric from joann, ordered some more grey fabric and a new thing I heard about.  It's a waste aida fabric that you can use to stitch cross stitch on fabric.  Very neat.  But alas, I'm waiting on the gray fabric before I can get started on adding cross stitch to the bag fabric.

I did get through the hexie basting though, and organized the first panel:


I took a close up so you can see some of the fussy cutting I did for these.  There's a few fabrics that are "background" that I cut willy nilly cause it's all the same, but two of the fabrics had details that I made sure to center when I did my cutting.  I've shown her the stuff I've done already, and she's thrilled.  yay!

I could share a picture of the bobbin of polwarth, but it looks the same as the last bobbin of polwarth.  I am almost done with bobbin number 2 of 4 in the great sweater spin of 2023.

I didn't work on the kingfisher spinning at all.

And that as they say, is that.

Cheers!

Comments